Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LynnRoberts

Close To You Anniversary!

I had intended to post this last weekend but I didn't get around to it.

On 4th June it was 10 years since Close To You was released! I was thinking back to 2001 and how we were all wondering which path Marti's career would take. Whilst nobody ever doubted his talent or ability, I don't think that any of us could have predicted that he would have had such a successful career in musical theatre!! It must have been quite a daunting step to take initially but thank goodness he had the courage to give it a try!! We have all been treated to so many superb performances and of course, those performances have resulted in an ever widening fan base! I know that he puts an incredible amount of hard work into every show so it is great that he is credited with being one of the top leading men in UK theatre - that accolade is very much deserved! :D

Wow, thanks for pointing that out Lynn! 10 years since Close To You! :o

Coincidentally, I was looking at your www.martipellowonline.co.uk website yesterday & was reminded that it's actually 9 years today since Marti made his theatre debut in Chicago!!!

I was going to post about that in the Chicago thread, but it seems appropriate to add it here. I might mention it in that forum too, if that's OK Lynn.

I remember saying to my husband that I really wanted to go to see Chicago in the West End as it was such a new & different thing for Marti to be doing. I never thought at the time that he'd have been involved in Chicago for so long and now, 9 years down the line, is starring in J&H, having also been in Chess In Concert & WOE! Not forgetting the fabulous albums he's provided us with along the way as well!! :)

Hi Lynn this is amazing isnt it I cant believe that was ten years ago. I was just thinking Marti has come a long way since then and its all been fantastic and Marti will be proud of everything he has achieved and has done and we have all been treated to so much over the ten years of his solo career and many talents and still has the sexy smile :)

Steph xx

Hard to believe it's been 10 years - where does the time go?? What a fantastic 10 years he's had :) and us too of course!!

Hard to believe it's been 10 years - where does the time go?? What a fantastic 10 years he's had :) and us too of course!!

I agree with Barbara. 10 years ago I would never have thought I'd have gone to New York ..... all that changed when Chicago came along ;):D

Cant believe its been ten yrs since "Close To You" was released, where hell does the time go. :o

wow 10 years,,,, cant believe its been that long, doesnt seem it

marti as had great success from music and theatre , is there anything marti cant do lol