Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wardides

Live music

Hello all,

I was at a Marti concert in Belfast 3 years ago and bought a live CD in the merchandise shop. Sadly the CD has been misplaced and for the life of me i cant remember its name. i have been searching online and cant find it anywhere. it isn't on any of the discography's i've checked. if i see the playlist i will know the CD. PLEASE help someone

Thanks

Kev

Hi,

Do you mean the Wet Wet Wet Timeless Tour CDs? If so, see http://www.concertli...oduct.php?id=42.

Hope that helps. smile.gif

d

Hi Debbie,

Thanks for the link but it wasn't Wet Wet Wet, it was just Marti on his own. I think the second song on the cd, was called Angel on my shoulder. It was all songs i have never heard him sing with Wet Wet Wet.

Thanks again for you help :)

Hi Wuzzle

As far as I am aware Marti has never recorded his live shows and made them available on CD to purchase at his shows.

Looking at the set lists contained on this page (http://martipellowonline.co.uk/gigs.html), I cannot see where he has performed a song called "Angel On My Shoulder" - however, he does perform a song called "This Moment Is Okay" which contains the lyric "...And I thought I saw an angel. And it tapped upon my shoulder. And I wasn't ready for the answers..."

It could well be a bootleg CD you had - whereby the bootlegger has thought the song "This Moment Is Okay" is called "Angel On My Shoulder" and listed this on the tracklisting. Sometimes bootleggers have to guess at song titles on live sets if the artist doesn't mention the song name in the show.

Happy hunting!

FoolsGold

Let the Sun Walk you home from the Moonlight Over Menphis also has

When you’re tired of livin’

And you feel you can’t go on

There’ll be an angel on your shoulder now

Tellin’ you that you’re wrong

Marti's Unicorn

Good spot and that makes more sense than "...And I thought I saw an angel. And it tapped upon my shoulder. And I wasn't ready for the answers..."

And he has performed the song live during the "Alone" tour and he also performed in Belfast during that tour ;)

I've been puzzling over this question & I'd concluded too that it must be Let the Sun Walk You Home, from the Alone tour, that 'Wuzzie' is thinking of as well. Looking at the set list & tour venues, that seems to fit best, I agree.

http://www.martipellowonline.co.uk/alone_tour.html

Although that tour was in 2006, we all know how time flies! :rolleyes:

I'm still puzzled by 'Wuzzie' saying the CD was a live recording bought in the merchandise shop though :huh:

Maybe if you check out the setlist from the link above, Wuzzie, it might ring a bell.