Steve K

help with getting picture on my profile

36 posts in this topic

Hi all,can anyone help me with this little problem? As I'm still not that good on computers I am struggling to put a picture on my profile and also when I go onto my profile page it says I've not added a signature to my account , also one more thing, I've got two friends already on my profile how do I become there friends too or do I automatically become there friends ? Hope you can all understand all that? Would be greatful of any help.

Have a good day all.

Steve K

Hi Steve

I am not the most computer literate person but hopefully this will help -- go into your 'my settings' from top right hand corner, then from there click on profile -- this will give you the options to change your signature (dont think you need to put anything here if you dont want, its just something that shows underneath any messages you post), and also the option to change your avatar -- this is the bit that ads your picture to any messages -- hope this helps a little bit

Helen.x

Sort of related to this, does anyone know why my avatar shows up in forum posts but not in my profile?

I've a feeling that I've read something about this somewhere on here but I can't remember where and can't find it again - any help would be greatly appreciated! smile.gif

Hi all, My wife has finally succeeded in putting an avatar pic on my profile. We were selecting a file, choosing a photo and then nothing would happen. Eventually we realised we had to select 'save' (I think) on the change avatar page and at that point my chosen photo appeared on the screen. Got there in the end!

Yes Ange is a good picture, It must have been a fantastic photographer who took it. LOL

Hi,

Can anyone help? I am getting madder by the minute! :angry:

I am trying to upload a photo to my profile which I have done successfully on the Wets website. I have tried uploading from the photos on my computer and also from Photobucket. Sometimes I get the error message that the file is too big or that it doesn't recognise that type of image.

I did upload once but the picture was blank!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

JanetM

Hi Janet -- I got the too big message too -- what I did was pick my picture from my photos -- opened it in 'paint' and then used that to resize the picture -- I then 'saved as' and loaded the new smaller version int photobucket and then on to here -- there is probably a 'proper' way to do it but I'm not clever enough to know what it is so was just messing about really but it worked -- GOOD LUCK !!

Helen.x

I don't know if it helps but it says under My Profile / Edit my Profile / Change Photo:

All photos must be no larger than 50 kB.

Photos must be no bigger than 150 pixels by 150 pixels.

My Profile / Edit my Profile / Change Avatar:

Your avatar must be no bigger than 90 pixels by 90 pixels in size.

Uploaded avatars from your computer must be no larger than 50 KB.

The following file types are allowed: gif,jpg,jpeg,png

When I uploaded my avatar, I assumed that it would automatically appear in my Profile but you do have to upload them separately (different maximum dimension sizes are allowed).

Thank you Ladies, I will give it a go tomorrow. I am heading for bed shortly to try and get rid of this bloomin cold!

Hi all, can any one out there help me, I don't know how to get the little 'add a friend and the pm me symbols' underneath my photo on my profile? Would be hreatful of any help. Thanks.

Steve K

Hi all, can any one out there help me, I don't know how to get the little 'add a friend and the pm me symbols' underneath my photo on my profile? Would be hreatful of any help. Thanks.

Steve K

I think they don't appear underneath your own avatar as you can't add yourself as a friend or PM yourself. wink.gif

Ok Deb , I thought I could them under the photo and fans can then just click on it to add them as friends. I'm not the most computer literate so struggle with them sometimes.lol

Ok Deb , I thought I could them under the photo and fans can then just click on it to add them as friends. I'm not the most computer literate so struggle with them sometimes.lol

They do appear underneath your avatar to everyone else - just not to yourself. wink.gif

Hi Deb, I am so stupid. Lol:blink:.Even my wife just had a laugh. Anyway nice to meet you Debbie.I will add you as a friend if thats o.k with you?

what am i going wrong,it now says there is no picture to upload.but there was,honest.why cant i do it on here but i can do it on the wets forum.

Amanda -- I dont know exactly how it works but I was having problems changing my profile pic a couple of weeks ago -- I tried loads of times and it wouldnt change -- then I tried to load it through Photo bucket and it still didnt work -- but then the next time I logged in it was there -- maybe there is some sort of delay or validation on photobucket that allows it to show at some point later -- might be worth a try !!

Helen.x

Amanda, if Helen's suggstion doesn't work, send your picture to me and I will see if I can do it for you.

Lynn