mandyc

Popped in Souled out

8 posts in this topic

Well,it's over ... but I'm sure we'll be talking about it for ages.  Fabulous, they really are brilliant live .. Marti on tip top form.  Edinburgh was a fitting last show ending with the pipes.... can we do it all again next week please...

Thanks Marti and the guys for two truly fantastic concerts. The first one we did was the Rochester castle gig. A beautiful surroundings to hold a concert. the atmosphere was amazing and a sold out crowd made it even more special. The weather as well was fantastic too. so lucky as the night before it poured down for Craig David. The band just better and better each time. Was well worth the 3 hours there and 3 hours back home.

The second concert at Hammersmith was yet another triumph. I was lucky to get a ticket off a friend so I could come to this gig. The set list was great and also from the first bars of Wishing I was Lucky the crowd were on there feet and never sat down then. You were again bang on form. Had to get off early to get my train home  so missed the encore but were already treated to a fantastic performance of the hits we all know and love. So gutted I never made Edinburgh  concert as looked amazing.

Once again Marti thanks for the last few days, been a blast watching you guys. Hope its not to long before we see you all again or see you on another solo tour.

What a night we had on Saturday. It was raining on and off all day, the clouds were dark and threatening but as the time for the Wets to be on stage drew closer, it felt less so and we even got a hint of a sunset....it stayed dry and the record of no rain still stands. The show was fantastic everyone up dancing and singing to all the hits. It was great to hear some of the newer songs, Run and Love Worz too. The backdrop of the castle made it very special and the finale was something else!! Love is all around with the pipers playing the bagpipes was a stunning end to a wonderful, wonderful show. Thank you so much Marti, Tommy, Neil, Graeme and Graeme and a massive thanks to Dougie and everyone who made this show happen...not forgetting the lovely Paul. Really hope we can do this again very soon, we can't get enough of the wonderful Wet Wet Wet. Thank you!! ❤️

What can I say, you have summed it up Barbara, another amazing night to treasure, love was really all around  on Sat ...:)  and very much felt at the castle well before the concert began, during and after. Lovely people all United for The Wet's , Such a feel good fantastic amazing happy time, with thanks :) x

Yes it was an amazing night in Edinburgh and what can I say about Love Is All Around except that I am not ashamed to admit I burst out crying with emotion. The castle, the pipers and The Wet's, what more can we ask for. Thanks Marti, Graeme, Tommy, Neil and Graeme, xx

Also thanks for all the kind friendship shown from forum members I had not met before and had the pleasure of making new friends with. What an amazing bunch of people you all are on here xx

I can't really add much more to the comments above, it was such a special evening, I think it would be a very hard person not to be moved by the bagpipes at the end,very emotional for me as an English woman, so goodness only knows how the true Scots felt ! We 'd spoken to the pipers after the sound check, they were all very shy & obviously not used to WWW fans , so I hope they felt how much we appreciated them playing....they had a long wait...sound check at 5pm & not on stage till 10.30 , wonder if they stayed to watch the gig, or went & came back ? I hope they stayed & experienced what we did xx can't wait to see what we get next..I can't stop playing PISO now !! Xx

WOW!! What an amazing evening at Edinburgh Castle.. The guys always amaze me, brilliant show,  brilliant atmosphere.. Well done guys xx 

Everyone has already said everything I felt about Saturday... so so good and it's brilliant to be part of a forum where we all love Marti and the boys. 30 years I've been going to as many concerts of Marti and The Wet's and not to forget how amazing Marti is when he's in theatre or panto, so much love ❤️, thanks Marti xx