• Announcements

• LynnRoberts

Friday Chats from 9pm   08/14/2017

Join us every Friday from 9pm for great chat in good company!
    • LynnRoberts

FAKE Instagram Account!   10/12/2017

The following account https://www.instagram.com/martipellowoficial  is FAKE. This is NOT Marti and whoever it is they are trying to con fans into paying money for something that he/she claims will be a big help to Marti!  If you have an Instagram account, please go on and report this fake page.  
Sign in to follow this  
LynnRoberts

Absolutely AWESOME!

WOW, what an incredible night that was!!! I think that the whole audience was blown away!! For so many people there was a real emotional connection and it was simpky stunning!!!! I am lost for words.....

It certainly was a fantastic show, I agree, Lynn. I was captivated. There was a great atmosphere & as ever, Marti gave us a superb performance.

The Stables is an excellent little venue -very cosy!

Also it was good to meet up with you Lynn, meet some fans for the first time and catch up with some I haven't seen for a while. All in all, It was an excellent Marti Party :D

All those who are going tonight, you are in for a treat! :D

It was such a fantastic  show. So close up too & what an amazing  venue. Marti voice was just bang on. The set list was just perfect. Marti really got us all going & fantastic  with the crowd.  Can'the wait to see what he's  got planned for us neXT?  Thanks for a brilliant  night Marti & also lovely  to see great friends  too.;)

I can only agree with all your comments.  Simply amazing concerts on both nights. Lovely to see you all.

This time last week I was getting ready to set off for Milton Keynes, yet the memory of the concert is still fresh in my mind. 

With the show being titled 'My Private Collection', I somehow pictured Marti seated, in one of his suits and maybe we'd get mainly covers of songs he likes, possibly from the two Love to Love albums. It was a big surprise then, for him to appear through the auditorium, casually dressed, to the lively intro of Mysterious and a band filling the small stage, with Grant leading on keys and with drums, guitar, upright electric bass and 2 backing singers. It was evidently going to be a much livelier show than I'd imagined.

I really enjoy the reworking of Sweet Little Mystery and Close to You and whilst I have heard those arrangements before, it impresses me that Marti will take these songs we know so well and put time into giving them a new lease of life, without taking away the familiarity.

It was a great mix of songs with, gladly, plenty of Marti's solo back catalogue as well as some WWW and some covers we haven't heard him sing before. At first I wondered why his own songs and WWW songs would be part of his private collection, but they are, of course, part of his musical history, as are the personal explanations he gave of the songs' origins. 

The covers of Jackson Browne's 'Something Fine' and James Taylor's 'Enough to be on Your Way' were especially mesmerising, particularly with Marti sharing his reason for that choice with us. They're songs I didn't know but once again, Marti introduced me to something new.

To be perfectly honest, there were a couple of covers of songs which I have never liked :o. However, to listen to Marti sing them in his warm & passionate way was an absolute pleasure!  

Musically, the highlight of the show for me was Let the Sun Walk You Home. Marti's explanation of where he got the idea for the song, set the scene for what, for me, is one of his best and most emotional songs and I think that performance of it will stay with me for a long time.

All this, coupled with the special venue that The Stables is, a very appreciative audience, Marti's evident pleasure and enjoyment plus his warm & relaxed interaction with his audience made for a HUGELY enjoyable evening. 

I'm VERY much looking forward to what's in store. 

A lovely review Mary, thank you.  I wish we could do it all again, I was only just thinking to myself "this time last week", I am so looking forward to many more concerts like this ... everything was perfect.

Can't wait to hear what is in store for us in the near future.:D